How do you check your account balance? What about paying the bills? How about your investment? Most of the time, you will go to the bank, line up, and wait for your turn before the bank personnel will assist you. Waiting takes time as well, depending on the volume of people inside the bank. Since you are physically and miles away from your bank of choice, it would be impossible to go to the branch and update your accounts.
This is why you appreciate technology. Nowadays, you can access your account, transfer money to the account of your loved ones, make adjustments on your investment, and even pay bills even if you are miles away. The question now is what kind of facilities and which banks offer online facilities specifically for the said purposes even if you are outside the Philippines.
Banco de Oro (BDO)
- Online Banking – All you have to do is to enroll your account in their website and then activate it at any BDO ATM. Once registered, you can now check your account balances, pay bills, view transactions, send money to BDO accounts, and get electronic statements. Online banking is also secured with one-time password.
- Mobile Banking – This is more convenient for you since you get to access your account using your mobile phone. Once you enrolled your account in online banking, download the BDO app on your phone to inquire about your account balance, pay bills, transfer money, change password, and even reload your mobile number.
- Phone Banking – If you want to inquire about account balances, pay bills, transfer money to any enrolled BDO account, reload prepaid phone or BDO Cash Card, know the latest foreign exchange rates, and report a stolen card, simply call +800-8-631-8000 (International Toll-Free)
Keep in mind that BDO online banking facilities require that your account is enrolled and activated through their website and then at any BDO ATM. This way, you get to enjoy BDO services anywhere around the world.
Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
- Internet Banking – Start by enrolling your account at the BPI website. Fill in the details, print, sign, and then mail it to BPI Fulfillment Banking Department. Once your request is completed (you will be notified via e-mail), you can already manage your account, monitor remittances, pay utilities and other bills, reload a Globe/Touch Mobile prepaid phone, apply for a loan or credit card, and apply for an investment account. Transferring money is also allowed for BPI accounts only.
- Mobile Banking – First, you need to activate your account at any BPI ATM across the Philippines. Then, download the BPI app in App Store (for Apple users) or Google Play Store (for Android devices). Use your Online Banking username and password to be able to monitor and keep track of your account, pay bills, transfer funds, reload Express Cash and Globe / Touch Mobile prepaid numbers, manage investment accounts, and get the latest forex rates.
- BPI Express Phone – If you want to inquire about details of your accounts, whether credit card, savings account, or investment; or reload prepaid mobile number, BPI Express Phone can be of service. You can call them 24/7 thru international toll-free numbers.
An email from the Fulfillment Banking Department is essential to proceed with online banking and eventually mobile banking. Make sure you send the signed application form as soon as possible.
- Mobile Banking – It starts with downloading the app in App Store or Google Play Store. Once you signed up, you can already pay your bills, check balance, buy and/or send load, transfer funds, know the latest foreign exchange rates, and be updated with the latest promos.
- Metrobankdirect – Similar to other online baking facilities, you need to sign up your account to be able to monitor and access your account, schedule and pay bills, and schedule and transfer funds to both Metrobank and non-Metrobank accounts
The good thing about e-banking with Metrobank is that you can transfer funds even to non-Metrobank accounts (inter-bank transfer). At the same time, you can schedule bills payment and transfer of money, so you won’t forget anything.
- Chinabank Online – This facility can be accessed in computer/laptop or your mobile phone. It allows you to view your account, pay bills (including existing Chinabank loans), transfer funds (within Chinabank accounts or inter-branch), apply for investment products or insurance, and transfer funds from dollar or euro to peso. You can log-in here.
- TellerPhone – This 24/7 landline phone banking service enables you to check your balance, pay the bills, transfer funds, and make requests such as Statement of Account. Check this link for a list of international toll-free numbers.
Chinabank’s e-banking facility likewise offers inter-branch transfer, which is a plus.
- Online Banking – Signing up is recommended. Once you signed up, you can now manage your account, transfer funds, load to any networks, pay bills, and make foreign exchange transactions. You can apply your account here.
- Mobile Banking – Simply download the Security Bank app on Google Play Store or App Store. You can already manage your accounts, transfer funds, pay bills, and load to any networks with just a few clicks on your mobile phone.
What’s good about Security Bank’s online banking is that you can send money to your loved ones even if they don’t have an ATM card through its eGiveCash facility. Once you have the passcode, the recipient have to go to any Security Bank ATM, key in the passcode and amount, and the machine will dispense the amount you indicated. No ATM required.
Philippine National Bank (PNB)
- Personal Internet Banking – Using your PNB ATM or Debit Mastercard, register to PNB Internet Banking to pay your bills, monitor your accounts including the transactions made, transfer funds to any PNB account, and open and manage your UITF investment.
- Mobile Banking – The PNB Mobile Banking app, which you can download from the App Store or Google Play Store, allows you to transfer funds between PNB accounts, pay bills, and manage and check transactions made on your account. Use your Internet Banking username and password in accessing the app.
PNB’s e-banking services are committed towards providing you with “banking with convenience” experience.
Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC)
- Online Banking – Just like the other banks’ online facilities, RCBC requires you to sign up and register your account. This will enable you to enjoy various features even while abroad such as account inquiry, fund transfer, bills payment, remittance inquiry, mobile reload, and use G-cash.
- Mobile Banking – This requires downloading the RCBC Mobile Banking app and installing it in any Apple or Android devices. Use your online banking log-ins to be able to access the app and do account management, fund transfer, pay bills, check status of remittance, view forex rates, and load MyWallet card.
Inter-bank transfer of funds is allowed, as long as the recipient bank is a member of Bancnet.
Take advantage of these online facilities wherever you are. This way, you will know how much you have in your account anytime, anywhere.